The prescriptions are all working and everyone is starting to feel better, so life is returning to normal.
There is a conversation in our house that I have started hearing repeated over and over again throughout each day. It is one between Joe and Josh. One of them will see or hear something that they think is funny and then the conversation starts.
"That's funny"
"Yeah That's funny"
Laugh, Laugh, repeat whatever they thought was funny, laugh some more.
This morning the boys were up and Emily was getting ready for school. After she ate breakfast, she started making herself a lunch. So she went to the cupboard and got out a brown lunch sack. The boys saw the bag and immediately got their own and began packing their lunch too. (This means something they will eat when they return from driving Emily to school) They each got a banana and a granola bar.
Soon it was time for Emily to leave. Ryan was going to drive her. He was in the basement so he called Emily down and headed into the garage. The boys grabbed their lunches and headed to the car. Ryan told them that they could not go he was just driving Emily to the school, but the boys started crying and saying they really wanted to go. (As they stood in the doorway holding their bags.)
Ryan was not ready to handle the whining today so he yelled,
"FINE, JUST GET IN THE DAMN CAR!!"
Which was followed by the boys laughing and saying,
"That's Funny, damn car" as they climbed into the car. Repeating it and laughing.
Ryan then said, "Don't say that it's a bad word!"
But it was too late, the conversation had started and Ryan was heckled with his words the whole drive to school.
When they returned home the boys came in, sat down, and ate their lunch, while Ryan took some time to himself shoveling the walks.
I am grateful for my kids, who remind me to find the humor in things....

8 comments:
good lesson
Very funny! I'm still giggling.
Isn't it funny how we all have those kinds of moments. Ah...kids. Gotta love 'em.
That is so great, Logan one day looked at me and said "This sucks, I thought you had my lunch" It killed me first in anger but I walked around to a place he could not see me and could not stop laughing. I love kids
I can picture that perfectly in my head. I can even hear Ryan's voice...
I'm sure him getting mad at them only made it funnier.
That's funny: "Damn car!" :)
Totally funny!I love those boys, they are great!
That is really funny! Poor Ryan, I think we've all had moments like that!
Post a Comment