Friday, December 5, 2008

Reality Check

I have really been slacking off lately,but I have a good reason.
We are expecting child number 4 this July!
As many of you know that means I am useless for a couple of months and it is all I can do to make it through the daily routines of home. I am on medication now that makes it a little more bearable, and I thought I was starting to do better when Joe pointed something out to me.

Our conversation went like this..........

Joe: Mom do you always know where I am?

Me: Yes

Joe : I use to not always know where you were, but now I do. You are either driving us somewhere in the car, or you are in your bed.


I have been that bad, but today I was showered and out the door by 9:30am, and I only rested for a few minutes while Joe was at school. Hopefully the medicine will keep working and I can stop being a dead beat mom.


Thanks Ryan for all of your hard work picking up the slack!

7 comments:

paulsharol said...

accept each day as a gift and hope for a healty baby rest is the best thing

Becky said...

I am happy for you, but the whole sick thing is hard. I always think that a little dust will not hurt you but dose a lot of dust. Good luck and I again am so happy for you!

Laura said...

I am thrilled for you. Being sick and incapable to managing life is horrible. I am so glad the meds have eased some of the discomfort (even slightly). Remember you have people to call on for help too.

Tracy said...

Yea!! I was wondering when you were going to announce it here!

I like Emily's story better, though.

Laura said...

What was Emily's story?

Oh and the conversation with Joe. So funny!

Alisa said...

Yea! I've been missing your posts. Glad you're feeling better!

Mike and Shelby said...

Joe's conversation- too cute!

I am thrilled for you. Glad the meds are helping a bit. People used to tell me the sicker you are the healthier the baby will be. (That never helped me in the moment, but I appreciated the sympathy.) Rest as much as you can...you need it and I promise your family will survive without you for a few months.

You know I am here to help in ANY way. Need more popsicles?