Monday, May 5, 2008

Party! Party! Party!

This last weekend was lots of fun. We had one party after another. It started on Thursday with A mother/daughter dinner with Emily. It was nice to get to spend an evening focusing on her. With two busy brothers it does not happen as much as it should........Thank you to her Activity Day Leaders for putting it all together. During the evening they had the girls say something that they like about their mothers. Emily said that she thinks I am a great scrapbooker and that she likes to scrapbook with me. I love scrapbooking with Emily. She is such a nice girl and always tries to help me around the house. I am so grateful to have a daughter like her.



Grandma and Grandpa Lay arrived that night and the party's continued. I was excited for them to come. My mom has been battling cancer and has not been well enough to travel for a while. She is still really tired but was able to make it to the important events. It was also a good visit for Joseph.....My Grandma Lay passed away at the beginning of April and ever since then when I would talk about my mom Joseph would say "Your mom died." I had him talk to her on the phone a few times but he was not convinced that she was alive until he saw her this weekend.



We spent the next two days celebrating my brother Jon's Graduation from the U of U. (the reason for my parents visit) Congratulations Jon!

In between the graduation festivities we hung around the house playing games. The kids had a great time playing Wii with Grandpa and it was fun to see that I can still beat my dad at Big Brain Academy. Even when he tries to set the game up in his favor.


We ended our Party Weekend with a Quatro De Mayo Party (named that because we had it on the 4th instead of the 5th) In San Diego Cinco De Mayo is a big holiday so we would usually get together with some friends for Mexican food. I have been wanting to have a Cinco de Mayo party since we moved but it has not ever worked out. So even though we already had a party filled weekend I continued with my Party.



We had Grandma & Grandpa Bolander, Kevin & Alisa and Jon & Jenny over for a Mexican meal, a Pinata and ended the night playing Guitar Hero on the Wii (not really part of the holiday but thanks for bringing it Jon). We also introduced Ryan's Family to the game Mexican Horse Races. If you don't know what that is you didn't go to scout camp enough. (or have brothers who went)




Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Also Congratulations to my brother-in-law, Gavin on his Graduation from the U of U!

4 comments:

paulsharol said...

your mom looks great bet it was nice to have her there sorry to hear bt your grandma lay my mom was a good friend of hers Tamra looks like she was having a great time we went to AZ for a couple of days

Mike and Shelby said...

Aren't family get togethers great? I'm glad your mom is doing better and well enough to travel. Good news!

What a great mother-daughter activity...that Laura, she's so on top of life!

I love that you have a cinco de mayo party. Complete with a pinata and all! (Sounds like you had a better weekend than me! I just worked!!!)

Laura said...

This post was great! I am so glad to see your mom here and doing better.

Glad you had fun at the Mother/Daughter. You are giving me more credit than is due on that one though :)

Becky said...

It is so nice to see your mom with your kids. I am sure she missed them while she was down.