Going to the Red Butte Plant sale is something I look forward to every May. Ryan's Dad gives us all memberships to the garden for Christmas and this is one of the perks. It is fun to see some of the plants that I can't grow in my shaded front yard, and find a few that will.

They have everything laid out in a way that if you need a plant that grows well in the shade you just go to that section. I also appreciate the many volunteers who know a lot more about what will grow in my yard than I do.
They have everything laid out in a way that if you need a plant that grows well in the shade you just go to that section. I also appreciate the many volunteers who know a lot more about what will grow in my yard than I do.
This year I got vegetables for my garden. I have had great success in the past with the tomatoes and peppers. I think that they are so well grown at Red Butte that I can't mess them up too bad. I love having a vegetable garden in the summer. It is one of the things I miss when the snow is on the ground.
Every year at the sale we have tried to find Lamb's Ear. They have a patch growing at Red Butte so we have always been surprised that they didn't have it at the sale. This is Emily's favorite plant and this year we found it.

3 comments:
I am so impressed with your green thumb. I grow my flowers in my pots out front and nothing else. I have no talent or patience for this and I should learn. My sister, however, loves to garden. She usually has a membership to both Thanksgiving Point and Red Butte Gardens. I wonder if she knew about the sale.
I loved this post and your level of detail. Also, great pictures! Way better than the ones I took on my cell phone. I'm with Emily--lamb's ear is so cool.
I admire anyone with a green thumb. My school put fake plants in my classroom cause I was notorious for killing even the simplest indoor plant. Hats off to you...now I can come enjoy your garden! :)
Post a Comment