Last night was Joseph's first t-ball game. I was at Emily's game so I did not get to see it, but I got many great reports and pictures from the fan club that did attend.
In t-ball they play by different rules. The way you know it is the next teams turn to bat is when all of the players on the first team have a chance to bat. So the last batter gets a home run.
Since the batters could not hit the ball past the pitchers mound Joseph's coach lined the players up and had them take turns getting the ball and throwing it to first base. Joseph was able to get the ball and throw it 4 times
He said "When you yell my name and words to me that is cheering. I don't like it when you cheer because it makes me nervous" (neeervousss)
Grandma asked Joe if he did not want so many people to come to his games. Joseph said he likes everyone to come to his games, he just doesn't like people to cheer.

7 comments:
Those are great pictures! I love the first one with his helmet...THOSE EYES!!! Too bad you missed out on his game, hopefully you'll be able to see others. (What a great thing to let them each get a turn at this age too!)
...we've also found that cheering and shouting Lauren's name during her soccer games makes her loose focus, she stops and looks for us. So I can understand Joe's request. :) Too cute!
batter up
It was very entertaining. I promise not to cheer next time. What a sweetheart!
The picture of Joe in the batting cage should be titled
"First Time At Bat" as this was just prior to his first t-ball hit.
HIllary and Ryan, thanks for sharing your children and all the wonderful things they do.
Joe, you are amazing and Grandma loves you.
Those are great pictures and comments. I can understand the not cheering request.
This is SOOO funny and so very very cute! He's a heartbreaker with those blue eyes!
Post a Comment