Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cornbelly's Corn Maze

When we lived in Sand Diego, one of the only signs that fall was here was the pumpkin patches that started popping up everywhere. I loved taking Emily to them. Some patches were very simple with a hayride and piles of pumpkins. Others had mazes and bounce houses. I have missed going to them every fall, so when my friend Laura invited us to go to Corn Belly's with them, I was very excited to go.

We had so much fun.

Bouncing on the pillows


and the bounce houses


riding horses




and tractor trains.




(Valerie wanted to ride the cow train over and over again.)

These bikes were a little tricky, but all of Valerie's trike riding has paid off and she did pretty well.

There were a few scary things there.
(my kids would not stand with this guy for a picture. So I did.)


This maze kind of freaked me out a little.


And walking around in the belly of a creature was a little crazy too.

The kids loved all of the mazes





they were most excited about the big corn maze. They liked finding the old pieces of corn on the stalks.


It took us quite a while to get through, and about halfway Valerie decided to take a nap. (she would not let go of her piece of corn though)

This was the half way point. They had these platforms so you can look out and see where you are.




I think the boys two favorite activities were the duck races.

and the destruction zone where they got to shoot corn at the junk pile.



Valerie loved playing in the box of old corn. After the corn maze she insisted on going back.


It was then that I understood why she wanted to bring the corn from the maze. She helped restock the kernels.


We had so much fun at Corn Belly's. We will have to come again next year!


No comments: