It is hard to believe Valerie is already 18 months old. Time seems to be flying by and she changes so fast. I wanted to write a few things down before she moves on and I forget. I love this age. Everyday is filled with cute and funny things Valerie says and does as she learns new things and realizes new adventures.
Valerie wants to be part of the group, so she is always trying to do what her brothers are doing, and sometimes she wants to do what I am doing. The other day most of us were reading books, and all of the sudden Valerie came up to me and said "I need a book." so we got one and read it together. Now if I try to sneak in a few minutes of personal reading, Valerie is right there asking for a book too.
Valerie loves music, singing, and dancing. She will always join you in a game of patty cake, and she LOVES Ring Around the Rosie's. She goes around the house singing "Ashes Ashes Fall down."
She loves people to sing to her, but beware if you do. Ryan's mom found herself singing to Valerie for a long time the other day while she happily danced to the music. Grandma didn't mind though, and before long we all joined in the singing.
I have written before that Valerie is very interested in her fashion. This has not changed, and Valerie has become even more involved in her clothing. Not only has she started to choose her clothes she tries to dress herself too. Unfortunately if she were to go out in public in some of her ensembles she might find herself on "The People Of Wal-Mart" website.
The most important part of any of Valerie's outfits are the shoes. Valerie LOVES shoes. If she finds a pair of shoe she puts them on. She has her favorites, but sometimes any shoes will do. In the morning when everyone is getting ready for school and work Valerie hurries and gets her shoes so she can go too. I don't have to worry about loosing a shoe while we are out either, because if one falls off of her foot she yells out "Shoe,Shoe!" I also have to be careful not to walk past shoe departments in the stores . If Valerie sees shoes she has to put them on.
Grandma gave her a beautiful pair of sparkly shoes for Christmas. She loves wearing them and showing them to everyone.Valerie is a very good helper. When I ask her to put her toys away she says "K" and does it. She also really likes to put everyone's shoes away in their closets. She always wants to be in the middle of the party and if the party is picking up she wants to do it too. She doesn't seem to notice that the boys are crying while they pick up.
For Christmas Valerie got a little baby doll in her stocking. She was really excited to have a baby doll and named her baby Nigh Nigh. When it is time for Valerie to take a nap or go to bed, Nigh nigh goes too.

Valerie lays in her crib and gives her baby a bottle and then they take their nap together. If I had known how much easier it was going to be to get Valerie down for a nap with Nigh Nigh I would have welcomed her into the family a lot earlier. I guess Valerie didn't want to be the only one who had to go to bed.
One of Valerie's biggest talents right now is the ability to climb. This is not my favorite talent and we are very luck to not have had any falls or broken bones. At first she just climbed on the couch. Then she graduated to the table, and now that she has figured out how to use the step stools to get on the big stools, well..................

She climbs on everything now. I try to remember not to leave anything of interest on the counter. That way she might not be tempted, but I usually find her on top of the counter at least once a day. Especially if it is lunch time and I am not getting the food to her fast enough.
It is so fun to watch Valerie grow and learn. While she keeps me pretty busy these days, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love watching her discover new things and getting loves and kisses from her while we play. I love you Valerie!

2 comments:
I love this age too! They are so active but so cute at the same time. It makes up for all the mischief! Valerie is so cute I can't believe she is already 18 months old!
Oh no! You have a climber! Good luck. Andrew isn't even walking on his own yet, but he has still figured out how to push things to where he wants them so he can climb onto things and get into trouble.
I love her nigh nigh doll.
And I laughed out loud to your "roar" ....glad to know other mom's have to resort to roaring like a lion to get things done. :)
Post a Comment