Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Fun

Every Christmas Eve the Mysterious Stranger rings the doorbell and leaves a gift on the doorstep.

On our way to Grandma's, Joe told me that he knows who the Mysterious stranger is. I was sure he had figured out the secret. So I had to smile when he told me that last Christmas as we were driving home from Grandma's he saw the Stranger leaving presents on someones door, and it is a girl.

The stranger did not disappoint. The kids all loved their pajamas.

I was not quick enough getting Valerie's on her, so she tried to put them on herself.


Christmas Eve is always great at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After a nice dinner and program we headed home to wait for Santa.




Christmas morning the kids were excited to see what Santa had brought. Usually Santa leaves their gift next to their stocking, so they were a little confused to come out and see all of the stockings lined up together. Then they noticed the note and Webkinz on the tree.

Santa had brought them a new computer, and because he wanted it all ready for them to use Christmas morning, he left a note on the tree telling them where to look for their surprise.




They were very excited and couldn't wait to adopt their new Webkinz and start playing with them on the new computer.




But first we had to open the rest of the gifts.

Valerie loved all of her new gifts and has been very busy with them since she opened them. Ryan's mom and I had to laugh though, because the two things she carries around with her are the $3 baby doll she got in her stocking and the $2 toy cell phone Grandma gave her in her purse. It is so nice when they are easy to please.

Ryan really wants to thank my parents for the rocking horse. If you push the ear it plays a song that gets stuck in your head. So all day we kept finding ourselves singing "such a pretty pony clippity clop, clippity clop." Valerie loves it.


The boys were happy to find Lego's and Zuzu's under the tree.
Emily got a few new petshop toys, clothes and a computer game she has been talking about for months.


The kids are now busy enjoying all of their new gifts.



It was a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a very merry Christmas our your house. Have a wonderful new year.

Andy and Ellen Family said...

Grandma's are the best! Mom got Timmy the exact same ship Josh got. I approved automatic nerf guns from grandma but now we have darts all over the house. I don't care but I think Andy is done stepping on darts!
I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Mike and Shelby said...

We have that same baby doll from walmart, it was one of brooke's favorite toys at that age too. Glad you guys had a great Christmas.