The Story of your Arrival
I started having contractions at the end of June and was ready for you to come at anytime, but every time I would think OK this is it....the contractions would stop. When my mom arrived on July 3rd I was ready to have you. My mom decided she would help get my contractions going to.
We took a tour of the new Oquirrh mountain temple. I hiked up and down the stairs. When offered the elevator we said no thank you. That night my contractions were 15 minutes apart and good, but it was bedtime so I laid down and everything stopped.
The next day my mom put me in her SUV and we drove over the top of the Oquirrh Mountains on a really bumpy dirt road. We stopped at the top to get a picture at the copper pit.....No contractions. (I think that was a good thing...I really didn't want to have you on top of a mountain) We tried going on walks and doing a mild exercise video....still nothing was working. I was just getting sore. The doctor scheduled an induction for Friday the 10th.
Thursday morning I was really sore and tired. I knew that you were ready to come and I was so ready to have you, but I was not having any contractions. So I said a prayer that I could deliver you that day.
A few hours later the hospital called and said they were having a really slow day and wondered if I would mind coming in a day early for my induction. I was so excited. When the nurse asked how long it would be before I could come in, I told her that I could get there in 20 to 30 minutes. You came quickly and the doctor said we were the talk of the hospital that day because no one ever gets called in early for an elective induction.
We are so excited to have you in our family.

10 comments:
Kevin and I are thrilled to have Valerie be part of our ever-growing family of nieces and nephews. She is such a beautiful baby. Thank you for posting the wonderful pics so I can see them anytime!
That is so great. Happy for you and your family.
what a pretty girl liked the kids photo
Hey Hillary,
I am so excited for you guys. I love the name Valerie. I hope you are all doing well. She is so adorable. I bet Emily is thrilled to have a sister.
Love to all,
Andy and Stephanie Wagner
Congratulations Hillary and Family. She is just Beautiful! Welcome to the worls Valerie Ann!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!
She is absolutely adorable! SOOOO cute! I can't wait to see her. Congratulations and welcome sweet baby!
I love that story! She is so beautiful! Congratulations. Sorry, I've been staying away because I have a really nasty cough and don't want to share the germs with you or that new sweet baby girl! Let me know when your mom leaves so I can help in any way you need me!
Congratulations!!! What a gorgeous baby!! I have to say you make some pretty darn cute kiddos! Good job!
P.S. Love the name too!
Congratulations on the arrival of Valerie. It looks like you have tons of great helpers. I am glad everything went ok and she is here safe and healthy. Let me know when you are ready for a visitor. We need to do lunch!
Post a Comment