Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fireman Josh

Josh still loves trains, but over the past few months emergency vehicles have become his passion, especially the fire engines. So for his 3rd birthday we thought it would be fun to go visit the fire station.
Ryan's parents are friends with the Battalion Chief so Grandpa set our visit up through him.


We started off our visit at the Chiefs house where he showed us his truck and even turned on the lights and sirens. Then he let the boys ride over to the station in his truck. I think Josh was happy just doing that





When we arrived the fire fighters were there to give us a tour. We went inside to see the living quarters, but the Fire Engine was the most exciting part. They took us around the fire engine and opened up all of the doors to show us what was inside. This became serious business as Josh studied everything.

When they showed us where the ladder was Josh walked back to the side of the engine to see if they had one there also, because his fire trucks at home do.





Then the kids took turns driving.




Now when Josh plays with his Fire trucks at home the person calling for help always requests that Engine #32 comes to help. Thanks to the firefighters of Engine #32 for a fun and memorable day.






4 comments:

Tracy said...

It looks like he had so much fun. I love how firetruck #32 responds now to all of the calls Josh gets. What a cutie!

paulsharol said...

what a neat birthday gift looks lake they like the firemen

Larissa said...

Hillary, I think you should post on the giveaways thing. You are being way too sweet. I would be happy if either one of us won and chances are that neither of us will. It's all for fun.

Ammon & Liz Ashby said...

Hi Hillary! I was wondering if I could get your address? You can email me at lizzy_ashby@yahoo.com!
Thanks Hillary! I hope you are starting to feel better!