Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

The Kids were all excited for the first day of school.
They finally got to wear their new clothes and Emily was happy to see all of her school friends again. Her friend Samantha came running up to say hi. Emily and Lindsey are in the same class this year. They are a little disappointed because they did not get the teacher they wanted, but they are happy to be with each other.
Emily's first day of 4th grade


Joe's first day of Preschool

We met Joseph's new teachers on Friday. He was being really shy then, so I walked him into his class today. His teacher said hello and showed him where his cubby was and then he turned to me and said, "By mom I will see you after school." Then he ran off to play. I wonder if he is going to tell me what he does at school this year or if it will be his secret again?

Josh was sad when he realized that he was not going to school, but he got over it when he got home and had the place all to himself.

Summer was lots of fun, but I am enjoying a little bit of down time myself.

6 comments:

paulsharol said...

first day of school is a blast wish Jaeden was going this year her other Grandmother Lita has to has Dialylis the rest of her life she is so sweet

Laura said...

Cute pictures. I hope you do get some down time. You totally deserve it. I am SO glad the girls got to be in the same class. Lindsey came home saying she loved the teacher too :)

Mike and Shelby said...

Cute shirt, Emily! Always good to have a friend in your class.

That is funny that Joe kept last years school adventures secret. Maybe he'll let you in this year?

My little sister is five years younger than me, she had all five of those years with mom to herself while we were at school and she LOVED IT-I'll bet Josh does too!

Becky said...

What a happy day!

Jenny said...

Hey Hillary!
I'm doing it!
I'm leaving you a comment!!
Our blog is www.jonnjen.blogspot.com.
Your kids look really cute!

Jenny

Bret and Sarah said...

Man, I can't believe what a summer will do to a 4 year old! Joseph looks so big! Gonna miss that cute little face!